Discussion Forum for Readers, Writers and Artists
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Gender Genie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:44 pm 
Site Admin

Hi,

http://bookblog.net/gender/analysis.php

This is a really funny one! According to that little gimmick I write like a male most times, in fact I write OVERWHELMINGLY male (like double the male to the female values). My only "female values" are explicitly when I write a female POV. If that thingie is accurate it explains a lot of things. I am going to engage in some testing now...

G. (An Delen Dir)

Image Perspectives
Image Glitch in the Machine
Image What the Blazes...?
Image Sign of Aquarius

Post subject: Re: The Gender Genie
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 5:41 pm 
Warrant Officer

this sounds interesting, i suppose you could submit a short story to a magazine that is gender focused or something to yeild a greater buy percentage.........
it is also interesting to find out what you write like i suppose.
what other things does this bring up?
jim

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:24 am 
Major

Location: Aut inveniam viam aut faciam: 'I shall find a way or make one'
I use this a LOT to 'tighten up' some aspects of a story. If it comes over as leaning towards the 'female' side when I am doing a male pov, then I re-read to see how it sounds and see if it needs altering. I find that now, I am tending to be more 'male' especialy if writing about my favourite character! =))

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 pm 
Warrant Officer

women are more at ease with gender crossing i guess, except if you only ratio the homosexual community. i am going from a hetro-point of veiw here, as it is a foriegn concept to 're-evaluate your gender character' to a hetro male. while hetro females seem to have no problem assuming a male role. so dont i know, there are those who collapse under these kind of pressures.
but my real point in bringing up this email is that if i were to restart as a female i would defininately want to be one of those sultry ultra sexy full figured steamy vixens in those old bw detective movies, where they come in curt and dressed all up to the 9's and have a worthy desperate cause, flinging down a wad of cash to send some poor joe with a black eye and worn shoes out into intrigue and danger, kind of like the gal in 'dead men dont wear plaid', but i would probably end up a motorhead diesel dyke and be a spy like aeon flux or ultra violet for example.
but i do appreciate femininities, as i was trying to explain to my lesbien friend the other night, as something that humanity would be dead without. a male drone society might as well be borgs making cabinets and tuning carburators.
im no ed wood, but if i were a female suddenly, i would want to be that 40's classy sexy heroine.
although i am more like a caveman perplexed by a monkey wrench in real life.