Discussion Forum for Readers, Writers and Artists
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: When the episode happened
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:37 am 
1st Lieutenant

Having checked with Sunrise/Sunset tables, I can say that the events portrayed in the episode MUST have happened around the end of August. This gives us a sunset time of approximately 1900 hours and darkness requiring cars to use headlights, ,depending on cloud by 1935

Post subject: Re: When the episode happened
PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:40 pm 
Warrant Officer

ok, so its 7 pm ish when the ufo attacks and straker stops his car. but then, the main shift is at work, the set builders are working outside with no lights at night? when time resumes, it is still day light when they are chasing straker outside in the day light, no where near sunset.
so did the ufo attack trigger a time travel back to I assume no more than 24 hours, event to pre-happen ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:31 pm 
1st Lieutenant

It would appear that the entire Studio was captured in a microsecond bubble of time at precisely 6pm. The UFO attacked them sometime around 1930-2000. The reason that Straker's call to HQ was not answered was because, as far as they were concerned, they would not receive it for another 2 hours.
I suspect the alien ray that bathed Straker's car, allowed them to penetrate the Time Bubble when they were effectively catapulted back 2 hours in time.
On destroying the device, Straker and Lake would have then aged by 2 hours relative to everyone else and would be in two places at once!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:49 pm 
Warrant Officer

that makes logical sense,

I might add a little extra. the aliens went looking for them, as they were not on the base at the time of the base being captured. so they hunted them down and left them alone to wander back on the base for the traitor to kill.

also I read somewhere that if you did halt a portion of time, even at night, the ambient light would come in a full level, despite the time freeze inside the captured bubble.
I suppose it has to do with the speed of light, saturation of photons, photons having near Zero mass and able to pass thru the bubble of frozen time.
so it is just not as simple as pausing a frame of time,
the UFOs were flying about, 'playing time like a trumpet' -transitioning Straker and his car and Col. Lake into the paused frame.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:17 am 
1st Lieutenant

Actually, thinking about it, if Time stopped, all the photons would stop. The only photons you would see would be those colliding with your retina as a result of your motion .Everything else would be totally black. Straker and Lake would only be able to see whilst they were moving.The rest of the time, they'd be totally blind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:10 am 
Warrant Officer

very perplexing.
it did take the villain a little while to catch up and out of the freeze, remember his fingers moving? then he was moving down the hall. would the gas in the cars ignite? or even the rounds be able to explode? I wonder what limitations existed during the freeze bubble?
obviously not everything, including the gases in the air was frozen,...
perhaps an environment for the villain to learn his new talents in, was made?
the bazooka was able to fire and hit the UFO. that means no friction during flight of the projectile, and also the ability for movement of objects. so maybe it was a slow down instead of a freeze, I wonder how slow the air has to move, before it is frozen and cant be breathed?
man you really picked an interesting topic to explore!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:09 pm 
1st Lieutenant

It had already been established that only things that were already working when the freeze occurred were affected by it;items such as the lift, which were not working carried on functioning as normal

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:37 am 
Warrant Officer

ok, I remember that, but the air was moving, so why were people able to walk thru the frozen gas clouds? and the bazooka round, flying thru the frozen air? I guess, there were a table of parameters of objects to be frozen, photon move but weren't frozen, and then you would have things that move very slowly that were frozen, as some machines do, to extremely fast, like the bird's wings.
perhaps, the time bubble freeze worked like a motion detector, only things moving at a certain friction rate, or with enough mass and motion set on the freeze, so breathing was possible and selected subjects allowed to move freely on their own control, like the villain, and straker and lake. obviously the UFO was herding them into a position to go and kill the villain. seems, looking back at it like this, that it was just another in-your-face- straker,-- harassment ploy. we can do this and we aren't going to kill you, look over your shoulder buddy.